Tomato Basil Soup
Makes 4 two-cup servings
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1-1/2 lb ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion in oil. Add celery and carrot when the onion becomes translucent. Cook together until the onion is soft. Add tomatoes and simmer gently until tomatoes are very soft.
- Optional: For a velvety soup, put it through a food mill to remove the seeds and skins.
- Add chicken/vegetable stock, adjusting amount of stock to get the thickness you want. Add basil. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.