Sweet Potato Ravioli with Basil Brown Butter
Serves 6 as an appetizer, 4 as an entree (makes about 20 ravioli)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, wrapped in foil and baked through in oven, scooped out, hot
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 package wonton skins
- Egg wash (1 egg mixed with 2 Tbsp. water)
- 8 Tbsp divided Basil Butter
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate & Fennel Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine hot baked sweet potato, five-spice, chives and honey. Check for flavor and season with salt and pepper.
- When filling has cooled, form ravioli: place wonton skin down and top with sweet potato mixture. Brush egg wash around edges and top with second wonton skin. Seal tight and repeat with remaining filling and wonton skins.
- In a sauté pan over high heat, melt half the bail butter and add oil. Sear ravioli until crisp, then turn and sear second side until crisp. Remove ravioli to a paper towel-lined plate. Position 3-to 5-ravioli per pasta plate.
- Add remaining butter to pan and brown. Then add vinegar and stir to combine. Drizzle sauce over ravioli and serve.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.