Sunny Vegetable Salad
- 5 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 5 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (the sharper, the better)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or craisins (dried cranberries)
- 2/3 cup minced onion or green onions
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Opal Basil & Raspberry Vinegar
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shelled, salted, toasted sunflower seeds
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower florets into tiny bite-sized pieces. Combine the broccoli and cauliflower in a large salad bowl. Add the shredded cheese and mix it up with your fingers. Mix in the raisins/craisins and the minced onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Mix it with a rubber spatula, or whisk until it’s smooth.
- Pour the dressing you just mixed over the top of the salad. Toss it, or stir it with a spoon or spatula until the vegetables are coated with the dressing. Chill in refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving.
- To serve, sprinkle the bacon bits on top. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top of that.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.