Spinach Pesto Pasta with Fresh Peas and Mushrooms
- 1 lb campanelle pasta (or your pasta shape of choice!)
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup hulled English peas or sugar snap peas (or frozen peas)
- 1/2 cup Spinach-Arugula Pesto w/Walnuts
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil, add a palm-full of salt, and cook the pasta to al denté. Before draining the pasta, scoop out about a half cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté mushrooms until they have released all their moisture and are golden brown (about 5 minutes). Add peas and toss until warmed through (about 30 seconds).
- Add the pasta to the skillet and pour the pesto on top. Toss to combine everything. If the sauce is looking a little "loose" or you'd like it a bit creamier, add a splash (just a splash!) of the pasta water. Stir and add more pasta water if desired.
- Serve either warm or cold in individual bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.