Smoked Chicken Quesadilla with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp or more Roasted Red Pepper Pesto w/Capers
- 1 cup shredded smoked chicken*
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion, white and some green parts
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat a large, dry griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Spread the pesto on one tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Add the chicken, green onion, tomato and cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around so cheese doesn’t run out, and top with the remaining tortilla. Slide into the hot skillet.
- When the tortilla comes free from the griddle and is soft or slightly browned, use a wide spatula or large pot lid to help you flip it over to heat and soften/brown the other tortilla. When the cheese is melted, slide the quesadilla onto a plate, cut into wedges and serve.
- Alternatively, use only 1 tortilla and half the filling. When the tortilla comes free from the griddle and is soft or slightly browned, use a spatula to fold it in half, and gently press the edges together, more or less sealing them. Continue to bake on the griddle until crispy/crunchy and nice browned.
- *Note: If smoked chicken is unavailable, use any shredded, cooked chicken meat and substitute smoked Cheddar cheese for regular Cheddar. Smoked cheddar is available at most supermarkets. Tillamook cheese is one brand.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.