Rosemary Thyme Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary & Thyme Infused Oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt or regular sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan, plus more for grating at the end
- Many thanks to Amy Distel for this Thymely Herbals favorite recipe!!!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Place one rack in the center, and one rack directly below the broiler.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into long "fingers." Cut it into 1/4 inch slices, then cut each slice 2 or 3 times to get 1/2 fingers. While oven pre-heats, soak your potato fingers in an ice water bath for at least 15 minutes, to help remove starch and crisp them in the oven. Drain the potatoes and pat dry thoroughly.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl, then add the potatoes and toss to coat. Make sure all the potatoes are coated in the oil.
- Lay the potatoes out on a jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper. Be sure to scrape all the remaining oil, cheese, herbs out of the bowl and onto your potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the oven, then flip them over and bake for 10 minutes on the second side. Finally, place the sheet directly under the broiler and use your nose to determine the correct amount of time to get them nice and browned. 3-to-4 minutes is a good suggestion, but everybody's oven differs. If you want them really crispy, flip them over to broil on the other side as well.
- If you desire, grate a little cheese on top when you plate these—it'll melt onto the potato fries in the most delicious way.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.