Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Crostini
Makes 24 crostini
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 6 oz Roasted Red Pepper Pesto w/Capers
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat an electric panini press. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly on both sides with the 1/4 cup olive oil. Working in batches, place the bread slices on the preheated panini press and cook until light golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet. While the crostini are still warm, rub the top of each one with 1 of the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the crostini in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spread about 2 tsp. of the goat cheese on each crostini. Bake in oven until the cheese is slightly soft and the crostini are warm (about 5 minutes). Transfer to a platter and top each with about 1 Tbsp. of pesto. Sprinkle with parsley.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.