Roasted Chicken with Herb Butter
- 1 chicken, about 5 lbs.
- 4 Tbsp. Dill, Chive & Lemon Butter
- 1 lemon, juiced and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- Wash chicken and pat dry; place in the baking pan.
- Rub herb butter under the skin and all over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken and cavity with salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice. Put slices of lemon in the cavity, along with the onion pieces.
- Roast for about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours, or until internal temp is 165°F on an instant read thermometer. Remove the chicken from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve this easy roasted chicken with baked potatoes or rice for a delicious family meal.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.