Mustard Green, Red, and Orange Salad with Orange-Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 3 small oranges or tangerines, peeled, sectioned, pith removed
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 3 - 4 cup young mustard greens, washed
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp Orange Spice Bay Vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Gently toss together the sliced onion, bell pepper, avocado slices, and 3 tablespoons of vinaigrette. Set aside to marinate for a few moments.
- Arrange the mustard greens on 4-6 small serving plates. Place the orange sections on the greens, and add the marinated mixture. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and crumble the feta cheese and bacon on top. Serve immediately.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.