Melon Mousse and Fresh Strawberry Parfaits
- 1/2 small ripe cantaloupe
- 1 Tbsp Mint Infused Honey
- 2 tsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 4 whole berries for garnish
- Scoop flesh from melon rind, discarding the seeds, and purée in food processor or blender. You should have 1 cup purée.
- Combine melon purée, honey, mint and salt in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin on top of mixture. Let stand until gelatin softens, about 5 minutes.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Keep purée mixture below a simmer. Transfer to a medium bowl and refrigerate, stirring often, until cool but not set (about 1 hour).
- Whip the cream in a chilled medium bowl with an electric mixer on high until it forms stiff peaks. Fold cream into purée. Spoon mixture into 4 wine glasses, alternating with layers of the sliced strawberries. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and chill until set, at least 2 hours. Top each parfait with a strawberry when ready to serve.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.