Linguine and Chicken in Lemon Parsley Sauce
- 8 oz linguine
- 3 Tbsp
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts (skinned, boned and cut into cubes)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cup stemmed parsley, finely minced
- Cook linguine in 3 quarts boiling water.
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Sauté lemon zest for 2-3 minutes, then add sugar and cook, stirring another 2 minutes. Do not scorch. Pour in chicken broth. Bring to a quick boil and continue to boil until it is reduced by half.
- In another, larger skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. oil. Sauté cubed chicken and green onions until chicken is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Then, stir in the lemon sauce from the first skillet, add the minced parsley, and cook 3-4 minutes longer.
- Drain the cooked pasta, toss with the sauce and chicken, and place in a casserole. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving to let the flavors blend.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.