Lemon-Ricotta Fritters with Lavender Infused Honey
Serves 4-6 with 12 fritters
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon verbena, finely chopped (optional)
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Fresh mint leaves, finely sliced for garnish
- Lavender Infused Honey
- Whisk ricotta and eggs until blended, but not quite smooth. Gradually stir in the flour. Then, fold in the butter, lemon verbena (if using), lemon zest and salt. Cover batter with plastic wrap and let stand a room temperature for 1 hour.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with crumpled paper towels. Pour enough oil into a large saucepan to come halfway up the sides of the pan. Heat over high heat until a frying thermometer reads 365°F.
- Work in batches to prevent crowding in the pan. Drop tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil. Fry, turning once, until the fritters are golden brown (about 3 minutes). Using a slotted spoon, transfer fritters to the paper towels and keep warm in the oven while you make the remaining fritters.
- Serve a few fritters on each plate. Drizzle with a generous tablespoon of the lavender infused honey, and sprinkle with the mint. Serve hot.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.