Herbed Ricotta Gnocchi with Spinach-Arugula Pesto
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chervil, finely chopped (or 1-1/2 tsp. fresh tarragon)
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Basil & Garlic Herbal Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese, drained
- 1/2 cup Spinach-Arugula Pesto w/Walnuts
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, chives, sage, chervil/tarragon, fennel, salt, nutmeg and pepper until the herbs are very finely minced and blended into the flour. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta cheese and mix well (hands may work the best for this task). Flour your hands and knead the dough in the bowl until it holds together. Dough will be sticky, but do not add more flour.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and dust with flour. Working with 1/3 cup or so of dough at a time, place on a lightly floured work surface and roll underneath your palms to make a 1/2-inch thick rope. Cut into 3/4-inch long pieces. Then, using the tines of a fork, press indentations into each piece and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a simmering boil over medium heat. Add the gnocchi and cook until they rise to the surface. Boil for 30 seconds more, until they are set but tender. Drain carefully.
- Toss hot gnocchi with pesto and serve immediately.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.