Herbed Chicken with Cider Sauce
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary & Thyme Herbal Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-7 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary & Thyme Infused Oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, tarragon, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper. Coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture, patting to help the flour stick, and shaking off he excess.
- Melt butter with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides (about 5 minutes). Add the cider and bring to a boil. Cover tightly and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened (about 20 minutes). Check the chicken by piercing with the tip of a sharp knife. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.