Grilled Scrod Wrapped in Basil
- 8 mammoth basil leaves (or the largest leaf basil you can find)
- 1-1/2 lb skinless scrod fillets
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp Basil Pesto w/Walnuts
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 thin slices
- Bamboo skewers, presoaked for 30 min. in water
- Preheat barbecue grill on high, and set up for indirect heat (turn one side off). Soak basil leaves in cold water.
- Cut scrod fillets vertically into eight strips approx. 2 inches wide. Season with salt and pepper. Spread strips with pesto and top with a slice of lemon.
- Drain basil leaves. Wrap each strip of scrod in a basil leaf and secure with a skewer.
- Lightly oil the “off side” of the grill. Place wrapped fish on this side and cover grill. Grill until fish is completely cooked in the center (about 10 minutes). Serve hot, removing the basil leaves before eating.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.