Frijoles Refritos (Refried Beans)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary & Thyme Infused Oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cup canned canned pinto beans
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet, and sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Drain the beans (reserving half the liquid) and add to skillet. Heat, mashing with a potato masher. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add cumin and reserved liquid, if necessary, and cook for 10 more minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the top and let it melt slightly. Serve hot, garnished with cilantro.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.