Dilly of a Tomato Soup
- 1 lb tomatoes (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 3 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup Lemon Dill Vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream
- 3-4 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Combine tomatoes, potatoes, onion, stock and vinegar in a non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil, uncovered. Then, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and purée until smooth. Stir in dill, salt and pepper. Reheat and serve with a dollop of sour cream sprinkled with fresh parsley.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.