Crab Cakes de Provence
Makes 6 cakes
- 2 Tbsp butter plus additional pat for grilling
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup unseasoned, dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 6 oz 6 oz. fresh crab meat (or quality canned crab, drained and rinsed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten until frothy
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute scallions and parsley over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to low. Add the remaining ingredients except the crab and eggs. Cook 3 minutes longer, stirring gently to keep the mixture light. Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm. Gently fold in the crab and beaten egg, then the beaten egg whites. Lightly shape this mixture into six cakes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and melt a pat of butter to keep cakes from sticking. Saute the crab cakes for 5 minutes on each side. Serve hot with sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and use to top crab cakes while still warm.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.