Basil Pesto Pizza
Makes one 12-inch pizza
- 1 (10-ounce) prepared pizza dough or crust
- 3/4 cup Basil Pesto w/Walnuts
- 1 cup shredded smoked Swiss or smoked cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 cup sliced firm tomatoes (about 5 Roma-style tomatoes)
- 1 cup finely chopped Ichiban (Japanese) eggplant
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper (about 1 medium pepper)
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 475 °F. Spread pesto evenly over prepared dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with both cheeses. Arrange tomato slices over entire pizza.
- Toss eggplant with infused oil. Top pizza crust with eggplant, red pepper and olives. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is completely melted.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.