Balsamic Sweet Onion Sauce for Pork Chops
- 2 medium sweet onions, halved, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 Tbsp Pomegranate & Fennel Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 or 3 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil. Add sliced onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are very tender and browned. From time to time, as the onions stick to the pan a bit, add small amounts of chicken broth. When the onions are soft and light brown, add the brown sugar, vinegar, and apple juice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes to reduce the mixture.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2-to-3 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Add the onion sauce to the pan. Reduce heat to medium low, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes longer, or until pork chops are tender.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.