Autumn Vegetable Antipasto
- 1/2 cup Basil Vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 red or green bell peppers (seeded, ribbed, thinly sliced)
- 1 small fennel bulb (trimmed, cored, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup (about 8) white boiling onions
- 1 cup daikon (white radish), thinly sliced
- 2 hot chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, water, sugar and basil in a large non-reactive saucepan. Add cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, fennel, onions, daikon, and chiles and cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large glass or stainless steel bowl and cool. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove vegetables from marinade with a slotted spoon and place on a lettuce-lined platter. Serve chilled. Store in fridge in a sealed container up to one week.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.